SourceForge project page
Pongo is an MSN Instant Messenger client written in VisualWorks Smalltalk. Pongo runs on Intel Linux, Windows (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP), Mac OS X, AIX, SGI Irix, Compaq UNIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
What sets Pongo apart?
- Assign permanent nicknames to contacts
- See when someone closes their conversation window
- Sign in with any status you want (eg away, busy, on the phone ...)
- See a graph showing when people are usually online
- Keep an event log of when people sign in and out
- Keep the conversation history even when you close the conversation window
- Save conversations, the raw traffic log or the event log
- Binary compatible on every platform. No need to recompile
Source code is available in the file area, but development and version control happen in the Cincom Public Repository. Click here for instructions and for write access. For read-only access, sign in with username=guest and password=guest.
- Anthony Lander - Chief cook and bottle washer
- Michael Lucas-Smith, David Murphy, Travis Griggs - Emote-i-cons
- Michael Lucas-Smith - CSSifying the website
- James Robertson - Pongo as a BottomFeeder plugin
- Alan Knight - Macintosh testing
- Bob Westergaard - icons
Related Smalltalk Projects